Tackling Hell itself is exhausting work for those of us without the DOOM Slayer’s unquenchable rage and seemingly infinite stamina. Thankfully, our partners at G FUEL concocted a Spicy Demon’ade energy formula to help DOOM fans power through another day of slaying demons, spreadsheets or any other evils that get in their way.
Because this is the Slayers Club, we took to the UAC mess hall and crafted some unique concoctions using this DOOMified drink mix. Have your own idea for G FUELed creation worthy of the Slayer? Show what you’ve come up with to our official DOOM Twitter account so we can check out your incredible concoctions!
QuakeCone Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream
A classic grade school science experiment and DIY dessert, this method for homemade ice cream requires no expensive churners or fancy machines! Just fill some bags with dairy and ice and SHAKE LIKE YOU MEAN IT.
- 2 cups whole milk or half-and-half
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 scoop G FUEL Spicy Demon’ade
- 6-7 fresh strawberries, small diced OR 2-3 tablespoons strawberry jam or preserves
- 2 small resealable plastic bags
- 1 large resealable plastic bag
- Approx. 1/2 cup coarse rock salt.
- A whole bunch of ice cubes
- Combine the milk or half-and-half, sugar, G FUEL Spicy Demon’ade and strawberries in a bowl, mix thoroughly
- Evenly divide the mixture into the small plastic bags (this recipe should serve two)
- Squeeze all the air out of the bags and tightly seal (PROTIP: Tape the bags shut for added security – you don’t want them to rip and tear during the shaking process)
- In the large plastic bag, add ice and rock salt
- Insert a small bag of mixture into the larger bag and seal.
- Vigorously shake the bag for no less than 10 minutes. The salt mixes with the ice to create a solution with a lower freezing point than ‘normal’ ice, absorbing enough heat from the liquid ice cream to turn it solid! The shaking, meanwhile, creates a nice consistency and ensures the ice cream evenly chilled. Plus, c a t h a r t i c.
- PROTIP: Since the bag you’re holding gets, scientifically speaking, colder than ice cold (which we also know is cooler than being cool) feel free to wrap it in a towel to protect your hands.
- Once you’ve finished your ice cube mosh pit and the mixture is thoroughly chilled, scoop from the bag and serve – try it alongside a slice of pastry and call it ‘pie a la BATTLEMODE.’
NOTE: Exercise caution when handling sharp kitchen implements. A serving of G FUEL (1 scoop) contains approximately 140mg of caffeine. Consult a physician before consuming G FUEL if you are pregnant, nursing, sensitive to caffeine, have a medical condition, high blood pressure or heart issues.