Tackling Hell itself is exhausting work for those of us without the DOOM Slayer’s unquenchable rage and seemingly infinite stamina. Thankfully, our partners at G FUEL concocted a Spicy Demon’ade energy formula to help DOOM fans power through another day of slaying demons, spreadsheets or any other evils that get in their way.
Because this is the Slayers Club, we took to the UAC mess hall and crafted some unique concoctions using this DOOMified drink mix. Have your own idea for G FUELed creation worthy of the Slayer? Show what you’ve come up with to our official DOOM Twitter account so we can check out your incredible concoctions!
G Fried Shrimp
The Slayer takes a walk on the briny side with this crunchy, supremely dippable fried shrimp recipe leaning into Demon’ade’s ‘spicy’ factor. Some say turning energy drink formula into a fried shrimp breading is going too far but as Samuel Hayden would say, those people are just afraid of PROGRESS.
- ~2lbs jumbo shrimp (the bigger, the better)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, fresh cracked
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp Chesapeake spice mix (i.e. Old Bay)
- 1 scoop G FUEL Spicy Demon’ade
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- oil for frying (vegetable, peanut or canola)
- 1 lemon, quartered and de-seeded
- Large pot
- Spider sieve or tongs
- Devein and peel the shrimp BUT leave the tails intact.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, Chesapeake spice mix and G FUEL powder. Whisk the dry compound until evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs and mix until beaten. In another bowl, add the breadcrumbs. Your three-stage breading station is ready for action!
- Dip each shrimp into the spice/G FUEL dry mixture first, evenly coating it and shaking it by the tail to remove excess. Next, dip the shrimp in the eggs and finally, coat in the breadcrumbs. Set aside on a sheet pan and repeat until all shrimp are breaded.
- In a large pot, heat the oil (enough to cover about three inches in depth) to 350°. We recommend a thermometer but if a bit of flour instantly sizzles when flicked into the pot, that’s a good indicator it’s hot enough.
- In batches of around five at a time, carefully add shrimp to the oil and let fry. Exercise caution around the hot oil as it may splatter.
- Fry the shrimp for about 3-4 minutes or until the tails turn a bright red and the breading is golden brown. Remove carefully with spider sieve or tongs and let rest on paper towels. Repeat until all the shrimp are cooked.
- Let cool, then serve with fresh wedges of lemon and your favorite dipping sauce. We recommend cocktail sauce, tartar sauce or the blend pictured at the top consisting of red pepper sauce, gochujang, minced garlic and ketchup.
NOTE: Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or dairy products can expose you to foodborne illness; ensure all food is properly prepared before consuming. Exercise caution when handling sharp kitchen implements. A serving of G FUEL (1 scoop) contains approximately 140mg of caffeine. Consult a physician before consuming G FUEL if you are pregnant, nursing, sensitive to caffeine, have a medical condition, high blood pressure or heart issues.